[LingGEOG] Linguistic Geography Sessions at the 2017 AAG Meeting in Boston

Catherine Lee cl2013 at hawaii.edu
Wed Aug 3 06:43:09 UTC 2016

Greetings,

After the great response to the linguistic geography sessions at the 2016
American Association of Geographers meeting, Iʻd like to build on that
momentum. I am in the early stages of organizing a series of sessions at
the 2017 AAG meeting in Boston, April 5-9. My hope is that this will be an
opportunity for those interested in the intersection of language and
geography to present their work to a diverse group of scholars, as well as
to further the development of linguistic geography as a unified scholarly
field.

I invite members of this mailing list to join me in developing themes for
the sessions, and also encourage you to consider submitting an abstract or
acting as a panelist or session chair.

*About the conference:*

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

"The meeting will be held from *April 5-9, 2017*, and will feature over
6,600 presentations, posters, workshops, and field trips by leading
scholars, experts, and researchers."

http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/about_the_meeting

This conference is extremely welcoming of interdisciplinary work relevant
to geography in its broadest definition.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating in these sessions
or if you have any questions or ideas.

Thanks,

--
Catherine Lee