LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

Fri Mar 25 18:33:05 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2011 10:14:01
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: A New Research Project at LINGUIST: RELISH

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

It is our pleasure to introduce you to a new research project at LINGUIST List:
RELISH (Rendering Endangered Languages Lexicons Interoperable through Standards
Harmonization).  RELISH is a joint project between students here at LINGUIST List
and workers at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and the Johann
Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt.  Our goals are to promote language-oriented
research by attempting to harmonize digital standards for lexical information
between Europe and America and to make existing endangered language lexicons
interoperable.

Currently, workers on both sides of the Atlantic are working towards transforming
the lexical output of tools such as LEXUS, ShoeBox, and even our LEGO project into
a standardized format that can be input into all of these tools.  We are also
working on ways to link lexical grammatical information to our linguistic ontology,
GOLD, as well as the European ISOcat registry, allowing lexicons to become
interoperable over grammatical information across continents.

RELISH is a project dedicated to making as much data and information available
to the international linguistic community as possible, but it is a project that
is untenable without your support.  To make this project a reality, please donate
now at:

Best regards,

Erica Wicks
RELISH Team Leader