The Limerick Competition begins tomorrow!

Thu Mar 8 15:57:32 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List readers,

Put on your poetry caps, flex your wit muscles, and prepare to compete
against your fellow linguists in the 2012 Limerick Competition!!

Here's how it works:

-Every Friday, we'll also announce the winner of the previous week's batch
of limericks. The winners of each week will go on to the FINAL ROUND
towards the end of Fund Drive.

-We'll be awarding prizes to each week's winners, plus a big prize to the
overall winner of the Final Round! And let's not forget the pride you'll
feel at having your limerick marked "WINNER" in big red text, in full view
of thousands of linguists worldwide.

And just to get your poetry wheel in motion,
we'll give you a teaser from the crew!:

There was a young listserv named LINGUIST List,
whose GAs did study and reminisce
of days free from worry.
The future seems blurry!
But donations ensure that they will persist.

-The LINGUIST Crew