Round 1 of Linguistic Limericks Now Available for Voting!

Fri Mar 9 18:28:57 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

The first round of competitors in the 2012 Limerick
Contest are now available for voting! We've got some
excellent limericks this week, so go take a look, have
a chuckle, and Like(Facebook) or +1 (Google+) your favorite
entry. The limerick with the most Likes/+1s by Thursday
at 5:00 pm (EST) will be the winner of Round 1, and will
move on to the Final Round of voting at the end of Fund Drive!

View this week's limerick contestants, as well as some
excellent limericks from the LINGUIST List crew, here:

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2012/limericks.cfm

If you haven't yet had a chance to submit your work of
limerick genius, never fear-- you can submit entries for
Round 2 until Thursday, 3/15, at noon EST. If you've
already submitted an entry for Round 1, no problem!
Any author can contribute as many limericks as they want,
for as many weeks as they want. Far be it from us to
constrain our readers' creative prowess.

Submit your limericks to anna [at] linguistlist [dot] org
to enter the contest!

The winners of each round will receive a prize, with
an even more special prize for the Ultimate Limerick
Champion of the Final Round. So get your poetry-writing
hands warmed up, pull out your rhyming dictionary, and
get to penning those limericks!

May the muses be with you,
The LINGUIST List Crew