The Advisors' Challenge begins!

Wed Mar 28 22:40:27 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

As many of you know, our subscribers number in the tens of
thousands, while we here at LINGUIST List are few. Fortunately,
we also have our wonderful advisors to aid and guide us. Our
advisors give us helpful feedback and act as a sounding board
for new initiatives and developments here at The LINGUIST
List. This year, they have also pledged to give $4,000 if
YOU--yes, that's all of our subscribers--can double it!

Can you help us double their pledge of $4000?

Will you help them invest in our future? We believe that
with enough support through your donations, we can continue
to realize the dream of being a freely available, open
resource for the worldwide linguistic community.

Our small group of advisors has pledged to donate $4000 if
the thousands of people who visit our site each day can double
this and donate $8000. While we could fill a large stadium with
all of you who visit our site, our advisors don't even fill a
classroom! And yet they stand before you with this challenge,
daring LINGUIST's thousands of subscribers to match the
donations of just a few heroic people.

Can you meet this challenge? We think you can-- give what you
can now, and let's see if you can contribute $8,000 in 48 hours
to END our 2012 fund drive!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Crew