Calls: Workshop on Passive (20th Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics)
matmies at LING.HELSINKI.FI
Mon Jun 2 13:08:58 UTC 2003
I'm posting the following call for papers on behalf of Larisa Leisiö.
The workshop will be included in the programme of the 20th Scandinavian
Conference of Linguistics (Helsinki 7-9 January 2004). Please note that
abstracts (and questions concerning the workshop) should be sent
directly to Larisa <larisa.leisio at uta.fi>.
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/kielitiede/20scl.html> for the general
call for papers of the conference.
WORKSHOP ON PASSIVE
20th Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics
Helsinki 7-9 January 2004
The workshop will concentrate on such questions as:
- Passive: a syntactic structure, a verb form, or a semantic meaning?
- The use of passive in conversation
- Language universal and language specific features of passive
- Passive and other categories (modality, aspect)
- Passive and related constructions in a particular language group
- Passive in language contacts: transferability of passive
Please send your abstract (maximally 400 words in plain text format) in
the body of an email message to <larisa.leisio at uta.fi> not later than
Larisa Leisiö, PhD, co-ordinator
More information about the Lingtyp