lexical/phrasal stress in alphabetisms

Frans Plank Frans.Plank at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Wed Aug 1 12:48:11 UTC 2007

yes, single words morphologically (PKW is a count noun, masculine
gender inherited from the full form headed by Wagen, plural -s as
with other nouns with last segment a full vowel, etc.).

But NOT single words prosodically:  pee kaa wee is *three* prosodic
words, each stressed (with stress implemented differently in Swiss
Geman and German German).  Larry rightly said so.  That's why I said
we're talking about tone/intonation (Larry mentions pitch-accent).
Record yourself and do look at pitch tracks!

Frans