adverb incorporation

Claire Bowern bowern at RICE.EDU
Thu Mar 22 15:42:34 UTC 2007

Stuart, are you distinguishing between adverb incorporation and complex
predication more generally? If not, there's a growing literature on complex
verb formation in Northern Australian languages (e.g. Bill McGregor's 2002
Mouton Book) which would include something that looks like this. But in this
case, adverbs are just one of a number of different word classes which do funky
stuff to argument structure.
Claire

--
Department of Linguistics -MS23