hear (Yup'ik)

Yuki-Shige Tamura tamura at SUE.SHIGA-U.AC.JP
Tue Feb 2 01:06:37 UTC 2010

For Yup'ik (an Eskimo) niite-, Jacobson (1984:265) gives the following
definition:
niite-: to hear (often with the implication of understanding or
obeying).

Jacobson, Steven A. (1984) Yup'ik Eskimo Dictionary, Alaska Native
Language Center.

Examples and its derived forms there might be interesting to your
research.

Shige

Yuki-Shige Tamura, Ph.D
Faculty of Education,