nominal-internal person agreement

Denis Creissels Denis.Creissels at UNIV-LYON2.FR
Sat Sep 29 06:12:48 UTC 2012

Here are some roughly glossed Tswana examples (from Google) with r-otlhe
‘all of us’ or l-otlhe ‘all of you’ in various syntactic positions. I can
provide more precise glosses and/or additional explanations if needed.

Letsatsi la-gompieno ke le legolo mo go-rona r-otlhe

day of-today it_is one big in LOC-we 1PL-all

‘Today us an important day for all of us’

O-re-sireletsa r-otlhe

CL1-1PL-protect.PRES 1PL-all

‘He protects all of us’

Re-a-itse r-otlhe gore...

1PL-DJ-know 1PL-all that...  (DJ = disjoint)

‘We all know that ...’

Ke ya-rona r-otlhe

it_is of-us 1PL-all

‘It belongs to all of us’