back to the future

David Gil gil at EVA.MPG.DE
Tue Feb 26 18:05:00 UTC 2013

For me the most annoying thing about this nonsense is that it does a
discredit to serious -- albeit controversial and also oft-riduculed --
work that is being done on the effect that language might have on
cognition, eg. Lera Boroditsky's solid scientific experiments showing
that the presence or absence of grammatical TAM marking does have an
effect on how we conceptualize time.

--
David Gil

Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Telephone: 49-341-3550321 Fax: 49-341-3550119
Email: gil at eva.mpg.de
Webpage:  http://www.eva.mpg.de/~gil/