Encoding of source in verbs of perception

Chunhui Wang friendwch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 19 17:12:23 UTC 2014

Maybe we can classify 腥臊羶香 into a marginal kind of verbs. But they still
have a lot of syntactic features totally different from the examples
in Garifuna and German:
1) 腥臊羶香 can be modified by degree adverbs, e.g. 很/非常+....
2) they can appear in a copula sentence with the degree adverb
3) they can modify a noun, e.g. ...味儿、气
4) they also ban be used as a noun
5) they can't take any valent in any way, and there's no way we can
complement it with a valent like the examples in Garifuna and German.