[Lingtyp] fear + NEG

Anvita Abbi anvitaabbi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 07:16:59 UTC 2015

Dear All,
Hindi is one language with such structures. One example is given here.
*mujhe       Dar     hai       ki           vo         aa       na
jaye*
1sg.Dat     fear     AUX    COMP   3sg       come  NEG  come
Literal: 'I am afraid that he does not come'

Anvita

Prof. Anvita Abbi

Director: Centre for Oral and Tribal Literature

Sahitya Akademi

Rabindra Bhavan

35, Ferozeshah Road

New Delhi 110 001