[Lingtyp] Metaphors linguists live by?

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:16:20 UTC 2018

Jane Hill and Jenny Davis have interesting papers on this for language
documentation and endangerment:

Davis, Jenny L. 2017. Resisting rhetorics of language endangerment:
Reclamation through Indigenous language survivance. Language
Documentation and Description 11.37-58.
http://www.elpublishing.org/docs/1/14/ldd14_03.pdf

Hill, Jane H. 2002. “Expert Rhetorics” in Advocacy for Endangered
Languages: Who Is Listening, and What Do They Hear? Journal of
Linguistic Anthropology 12(2). 119–133.

Claire