[Lingtyp] Resources on glossing choices

Mattis List mattis.list at lingpy.org
Tue Dec 31 17:15:27 UTC 2019

Dear all,

as part of the CLDF initiative for cross-linguistic data standards
(https://cldf.clld.org), we have recently tried to elaborate to which
degree we could apply the tools we already have (Concepticon, the idea
of a Grammaticon, CLTS, Glottolog) to try and make inter-linear-glossed
text more comparable BEYOND one grammar for one particular language.

We have a draft that is almost accepted for publication devoted to this
topics: https://doi.org/10.17613/gscz-mb13

Comments are welcome, as we're currently revising it to meet final
requirements by reviewers.

The basic idea is: We all should work on making our work more comparable
on the g(eneral)-linguistics level (to borrow a term from Martin
Haspelmath), while nothing prevents us from being consistent on the
p(articular)-linguistics level.

All the best,

Mattis