[Lingtyp] semantic derivation of an Akkadian verb

Johanna Mattissen Johanna.Mattissen at uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 5 13:12:04 UTC 2020

Hi Sergey,

I'd say "put weight on sth.", extending to "put weight on somebody" ->
put pressure on -> bother -> interrogate, audit and also put pressure on
-> mobilize.
Arriving could be seen as putting one's own weight on those already
gathering. As Akkadian doors were massive, to close them would also mean
to put weight on the door sockets.

Best,
Johanna