[Lingtyp] Epistemic possibility plus affective evaluation?

paolo Ramat paolo.ramat at unipv.it
Tue Oct 20 10:55:29 UTC 2020

Volker's mention of Span. *a lo mejor * lets me think of the Ital. opposite*
alla peggio *"at worst", "in the worst" (while it doesn't exist an
adverbial corresponding to *a lo mejor):*
It's terribly raining; let's hope that the bus comes on time, *alla peggio*
we'll have to go on foot". However, it does not seem that* alla peggio* has
an epistemic value.

Best,
Paolo