[Lingtyp] Someone whose father ...

Jorge Rosés Labrada jrosesla at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 16 13:13:16 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

David Nash's example of a suffix made me think of a Piaroa suffix with a
similar function so this conversation has been very helpful (thank you,
Simone, for asking this question!)

Claire/Jean-Christophe, I took a look at your grammars and am I right in
assuming that these terms are not morphologically complex?

David, does that suffix serve other functions in the grammar or is it only
used to mark the kinship terms in this way?

Best,
Jorge
-------------
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada (He, him, his
<https://www.su.ualberta.ca/services/thelanding/learn/pronouns/>)
Assistant Professor, Indigenous Language Sustainability

4-22 Assiniboia Hall
Department of Linguistics, University of Alberta
Tel: (+1) 780-492-5698
Email: jrosesla at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, **and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First
Nations, Métis, Inuit, *
*and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our
institution.*