6.574 Qs: Hong Kong Eng, NP/Agreement complementarity, Homophones

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Apr 16 23:48:03 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-574. Sun 16 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 166

Subject: 6.574 Qs: Hong Kong Eng, NP/Agreement complementarity, Homophones

                           REMINDER

Date:    Fri, 14 Apr 95 08:15 CDT
From: TB0EXC1 at MVS.CSO.NIU.EDU
Subject: Hong Kong English

2)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 21:08:32 -0400 (AST)
From: jalvar at conicit.ve (Jose R. Alvarez (LUZ))
Subject: NP/Agreement Complementarity

3)
Date:         Sat, 15 Apr 95 19:33:14 SST
From: David Gil (ELLGILD%NUSVM.bitnet at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
Subject:"SAME", "AND", "WITH" as homophones or the same word

Date:    Fri, 14 Apr 95 08:15 CDT
From: TB0EXC1 at MVS.CSO.NIU.EDU

I have a graduate student who is interested in the origins and
characteristics of the English of Hong Kong. References seem
hard to come by. Can anyone recommend suitable sources?
Please reply directly; if there is sufficient interest I will
summarize.

Thanks for your help.

Edward Callary
TB0EXC1 at mvs.cso.niu.edu       (TBZero)