6.1718, Qs: L2 Eng corpora, Closed syllables, Root words in Africa

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Dec 8 04:10:33 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1718. Thu Dec 7 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  108

Subject: 6.1718, Qs: L2 Eng corpora, Closed syllables, Root words in Africa

                           REMINDER

Date:  Tue, 05 Dec 1995 22:58:09 EST
From:  HAMILTN at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU (Bob)
Subject:       L2 English Corpora

2)
Date:  Tue, 05 Dec 1995 19:04:24 EST
From:  theriaal at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Theriault Alain)
Subject:  Query: non-final closed syllables

3)
Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 1995 19:41:46 EST
From:  EFWAGNER at aol.com
Subject:  Root words common in Africa

Date:  Tue, 05 Dec 1995 22:58:09 EST
From:  HAMILTN at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU (Bob)

Does anyone know of a corpus of SECOND LANGUAGE ENGLISH by adult
native JAPANESE learners of English (or a corpus which includes enough
such Japanese speakers that I could search just the data from those
Japanese speakers)?  It would not need to be grammatically tagged,
since I will basically be examining the use of reflexives by searching
for occurrences of "self/selves".  It would be helpful if the
proficiencies of the learners were indicated in some way.

I have already queried the Corpora list with no luck.

Thanks,
Bob Hamilton, University of South Carolina
hamilton at sc.edu