6.924, Qs: German future, Petese, Would you, Quaderni

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 4 13:17:18 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-924. Tue Jul 4 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  129

Subject: 6.924, Qs: German future, Petese, Would you, Quaderni

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M. Aristar)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 1995 09:00:52 BST
From:  hamp at heidelbg.ibm.com (Birgit Hamp)
Subject:  future tense discourse

2)
Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 1995 15:48:16 +1000
From:  E.Francis at unsw.EDU.AU ((Liz Francis))
Subject:  "Petese"

3)
Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 1995 11:49:24 +0200
From:  hiro-t at ias.tokushima-u.ac.jp (hiro-t)
Subject:  Query: Would you...? or Could you...?

4)
Date:  Sun, 02 Jul 1995 22:27:46 EDT
From:  ESCATTON at ALBNYVMS.BITNET
Subject:  Re: 6.918, TOC: Quaderni del Laboratorio di Linguistica

Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 1995 09:00:52 BST
From:  hamp at heidelbg.ibm.com (Birgit Hamp)

Hi everybody,

I am looking for texts written in the German future tense (yes, I do
believe there is such a thing!). Could anybody help me out with references?
I want to compare the frequency of temporal adverbial anaphors in
future tense discourses to the frequency in past tense discourses. Thus, it
would be best to have novels, short stories etc. by the same autor in
both tenses.

Thank you!

Birgit Hamp