6.764, Qs: Syllabi and texts, Prepositions, Afrikaans, Croatian

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Jun 3 05:30:24 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-764. Sat 03 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 121

Subject: 6.764, Qs: Syllabi and texts, Prepositions, Afrikaans, Croatian

                           REMINDER

Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 12:14:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: KANDREWS at vax1.rain.gen.mo.us
Subject: Freshman Russian;  Science Fiction Syllabi

2)
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 13:54:03 -0400
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)
Subject: Q: Body Parts -) Prepositions

3)
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 15:32:02 EDT
From: David S Braun (dovid at MIT.EDU)
Subject: Question:  Acquisition of Afrikaans

4)
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 16:06:28 -0500
From: Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com
Subject:  Etymological dictionaries: wrong heading?

Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 12:14:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: KANDREWS at vax1.rain.gen.mo.us

Dear Fellow Linguists:
        Can you provide assistance on the following items:
(1)     I need a recommendation for a text to use in first
year Russian.  Besides the text itself, der sirable materials
would include a workbook, tapes, and a test bank.
(2)     I teach at an accredited, private junior college.
Are there any particular problems I need to be aware of
in transferring t credits for 1st (or 2nd) year Russian to
senior institutions?  The answer to this question may
determine whether I can convince the administration of my
school to let me offer this course.
(3)     I will be teaching a new course in Science Fiction
in the summer and in the fall.  ( f aa t the sophomore level.  (No,
the course will not exclusively deal with "Science Fiction
and Linguistics" as seen recently on the Linguist List.)
For those who have taught a similar sophomore-level course,
I woou  uld appreciate receiving a copy of your syllabus,
preferably by FAX.

Sincerely,
Kenneth R. Andrews
Kemper Junior College