6.731, Qs: Speech production, Software, Mac font, J/K conf proceedings

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu May 25 05:06:41 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-731. Thu 25 May 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 128

Subject: 6.731, Qs: Speech production, Software, Mac font, J/K conf proceedings

                           REMINDER

Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 13:03:47 -0500
From: Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com
Subject:  Seeking refs/contacts on physics of speech production

2)
Date: Fri May 19 11:52:24 1995 (GMT + 0530)
From: doctor at parcom.ernet.in
Subject: Dictionary making software

3)
Date: Sat, 20 May 95 09:28:38 CDT
From: smburt at heartland.bradley.edu (Susan Burt)
Subject: phonetics font for a Mac

4)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 16:48:52 GMT+1200
From: Wayne Lawrence (wp.lawrence at auckland.ac.nz)
Subject: Q: J/K conference proceedings

Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 13:03:47 -0500
From: Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com

Has anyone been doing analytical modeling of the physics of
speech production?  I am posting this question on behalf of
an acquaintance who is an expert on aeroacoustic
sound modeling, i.e., developing mathematical theories which
predict the sound produced by unsteady fluid flows such as
boundary layers, jets, vortices, flow through
constrictions, etc.  He has become interested in applying
his mathematical techniques to model speech
production, but would like to know the state of the art in
this area.  Any recent references or contacts will be
much appreciated.
   Please do not reply to me, but to Michael Howe at
                     mshowe at enga.bu.edu