6.1414, FYI: ALFAL, Foreign accent

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Oct 13 14:47:03 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1414. Fri Oct 13 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  105

Subject: 6.1414, FYI: ALFAL, Foreign accent

Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:58:37 EDT
From:  DUBER at acs.wooster.edu
Subject:  Latin American Linguistics & Philology Association (ALFAL) congress
	  and membership

2)
Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 1995 14:54:14 BST
From:  Duncan.Markham at ling.lu.se
Subject:  Foreign accent -- judges needed for many languages

Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:58:37 EDT
From:  DUBER at acs.wooster.edu
	  and membership

To all subscribers who are interested in linguistic and philological studies on
Latin America:
The Asociacio'n de Lingui'stica y Filolog'ia de la Ame'rica Latina (ALFAL) will
hold its XI International Congress at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran
Canaria in the Canary Islands from July 22-27, 1996.  In addition to papers
and plenary sessions, there will be short courses, research project meetings
and meetings of investigators.  Presenters must be members of the Association.
Those residing in the United States only may contact Diane Ringer Uber for
membership information:
	send snail-mail address to
	duber at acs.wooster.edu
or to	Spanish Dept.
	The College of Wooster
	Wooster, OH 44691
Dues are only $30 for the 3-yr period 1994-96.  New members pay a one-time
only additional fee of $10.

Those residing outside of the United States may contact Carmen Silva-Corvala'n
for membership information:
	silva at vm.usc.edu
or	FAX 1-310-459-4173.

Dues must be paid by DEC. 31, 1995 in order to present a paper in Las Palmas.
Many of you have communicated to me your intention to join, but have not yet
sent your dues.  This will be the last notice, as I will be out of the US for
the next few weeks.

Saludos,
Diane Ringer Uber