6.1431, Qs: Careers in linguistics, Fromkin & Rodman

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:38:52 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1431. Mon Oct 16 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  82

Subject: 6.1431, Qs: Careers in linguistics, Fromkin & Rodman

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M. Aristar)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Sun, 15 Oct 1995 15:00:05 CDT
From:  edith at csd.uwm.edu (Edith A Moravcsik)
Subject:  Careers in Linguistics

2)
Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:50:00 PDT
From:  IYO1VAF at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Vicki Fromkin                       )
Subject:  request

Date:  Sun, 15 Oct 1995 15:00:05 CDT
From:  edith at csd.uwm.edu (Edith A Moravcsik)

My linguist colleagues at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and myself
are unhappy about the scarcity of information that we can provide for
students who want to know what they could do with a BA/MA/PhD in
Linguistics. We would appreciate any relevant information including

    - statistics regarding what BA- MA- or PhD-level students end up
      doing after they get their degrees
    - informal accounts of the same
    - any articles or books on the subject.

I will post a summary. Thank you!