6.1228, Qs: PhD programs, IPA, Relativity

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Sep 10 14:10:42 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1228. Sun Sep 10 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  96

Subject: 6.1228, Qs: PhD programs, IPA, Relativity

                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 07 Sep 1995 11:35:40 EDT
From:  kprecht at umich.edu (Kristen Precht)
Subject:  applying to phd programs

2)
Date:  Fri, 08 Sep 1995 19:50:08 +0200
From:  fgxsousa at usc.es ("Xulio C. Sousa Fernandez")
Subject:  Ipa database

3)
Date:  Fri, 08 Sep 1995 21:32:00 PDT
From:  DOUGLASO at ucrac1.ucr.edu
Subject:  query

Date:  Thu, 07 Sep 1995 11:35:40 EDT
From:  kprecht at umich.edu (Kristen Precht)

I'm applying for phd programs this fall, and am hoping that there are some
people who are recently through the process who are willing to share some
pointers and "interesting" experiences. I'd also be interested in getting
the inside scoop on what some of the phd programs are like.  I'll be
applying to applied and discourse-oriented programs, but would really like
to hear anyone's experiences in linguistics.

What's Linguist's position on confidentiality?  I'd like to guarantee
confidentiality of responses, or else anonymity if there is interest in a
summary.  In any case, I will handle all responses with *great care*.

Kristen Precht
kprecht at umich.edu