6.1231, Qs: Classroom discourse, Morphology, Stress, German -chen

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Sep 10 22:28:51 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1231. Sun Sep 10 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  151

Subject: 6.1231, Qs: Classroom discourse, Morphology, Stress, German -chen

                           REMINDER

Date:  Sat, 09 Sep 1995 09:18:10 EDT
From:  KARENHS at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU (karen stanley)
Subject:       Q:classroom discourse

2)
Date:  10 Sep 1995 17:45:25 EDT
From:  73131.3101 at compuserve.com ("Michael C. Beard")
Subject:  Morphology terms

3)
Date:  Sun, 10 Sep 1995 11:54:35 EDT
From:  koenig at lenny.haskins.yale.edu
Subject:  Sum - Teaching stress in intro phonetics

4)
Date:  Sun, 10 Sep 1995 17:30:10 EDT
From:  rws at research.att.com (Richard Sproat)
Subject:  Origin of German -chen

Date:  Sat, 09 Sep 1995 09:18:10 EDT
From:  KARENHS at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU (karen stanley)

I am looking for articles/research that investigate classroom discourse
in the 'regular' university classroom (ie, not the language learning
classroom).  My particular focus is on the elements that would be
useful to present to prepare high level ESL learners not only for
notetaking from lectures but *also* for interaction within the context
of the university classroom.

Mostly what I have looked at up to the present are ESL textbooks that
focus on verbal devices for cohesion as they are used by classroom
teachers when presenting lectures.

While I continue to be interested in sources for that type of
information, I am especially interested in articles/research that
look at other aspects of lectures and teacher-student interaction.

If people respond to me directly, and I receive sufficient response,
I will post a summary to the List.

Karen Stanley
e: karenhs at univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu