7.563, Qs: Frequency, Editing, Informant, Syllables, Lithuanian

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 16 13:43:05 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-563. Tue Apr 16 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  180

Subject: 7.563, Qs: Frequency, Editing, Informant, Syllables, Lithuanian

Date:  Sun, 14 Apr 1996 13:00:35 EDT
From:  LBHNDP at ritvax.isc.rit.edu ("L. HILLMAN")
Subject:   word frequency list for Am. English

2)
Date:  Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:05:27 CDT
From:  ggilbert at siu.edu (Glenn Gilbert)
Subject:  how to count editing

3)
Date:  Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:31:52 CDT
From:  knakatan at husc.harvard.edu (Ken Nakatani)
Subject:  Informant Exchange

4)
Date:  Tue, 16 Apr 1996 00:29:54 PDT
From:  kumashir at ling.ucsd.edu (Fumiko Kumashiro)
Subject:  Help Sought on Syllable-Final Devoicing in German

5)
Date:  16 Apr 1996 07:04:58 EDT
From:  101476.2356 at CompuServe.COM (Ruth Herold)
Subject:  Lithuanian vowel phonemes

Date:  Sun, 14 Apr 1996 13:00:35 EDT
From:  LBHNDP at ritvax.isc.rit.edu ("L. HILLMAN")

Dear Linguists,

Does anyone know of a list of the most common 20 000 American English
words, sorted by frequency?  I have searched the LINGUIST network
datasources at the Web site, but have not found anything.

A list in standard ASCII, which includes the frequency per whatever
the size of the corpus, would preferable to a paper list.  If it is
free or very low cost, that would be even better.  And if it is also
available over the Internet, that would be best of all.

As usual, I will post a summary if respondents would like one.

Professor Louis B. Hillman     lbhndp at rit.edu

Applied Computer Technology Department	|  English Department
Rochester Institute of Technology	|  SUNY College at Brockport
Rochester, NY				|  Brockport, NY