7.1121, FYI: Linguistic legislation in the USA

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 8 16:47:33 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1121. Thu Aug 8 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  167

Subject: 7.1121, FYI: Linguistic legislation in the USA

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony Rodrigues Aristar)

LINGUIST will post political messages which:
   1. Have relevance to language, language policy or linguistics
   2. Are professional in tone
   3. Do not contain any overt calls to action.
NB.: Although we will not publish overt calls to action, we will allow
messages to contain mailing addresses or URL's at which those who
wish to participate in political action may find more information.