7.861, Qs: Difficulty, Record, Prenasal, Attrition, Maski(n)

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jun 10 14:30:35 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-861. Mon Jun 10 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  229

Subject: 7.861, Qs: Difficulty, Record, Prenasal, Attrition, Maski(n)

Date:  Sat, 08 Jun 1996 21:31:49 +0800
From:  itxulm at scut.edu.cn (XU LUOMAI)
Subject:  Lexical difficulty level

2)
Date:  Sun, 09 Jun 1996 09:35:52 BST
From:  dick at linguistics.ucl.ac.uk (Dick Hudson)
Subject:  World record for lingualism

3)
Date:  Sun, 09 Jun 1996 21:33:05 +0300
From:  gmikros at atlas.uoa.gr (MIKROS GEORGE)
Subject:  Qs: Quantification of prenasalization

4)
Date:  Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:47:44 -0000
From:  T.Ammerlaan at MAW.KUN.NL
Subject:  LINGUIST contribution attrition/loss

5)
Date:  Mon, 10 Jun 1996 10:21:31 BST
From:  A.P.Grant at bradford.ac.uk (AP GRANT)
Subject:  "Maski(n) - Origin and Distribution".

Date:  Sat, 08 Jun 1996 21:31:49 +0800
From:  itxulm at scut.edu.cn (XU LUOMAI)

Fellow linguists,

I post this request for some graduate students. A graduate research group of
my department is planning some research on how to determine the difficulty
level of English words in EFL context. They want to isolate some factors
which affect the ease with which an EFL learner learns English words, or
more generally, words of a foreign language. Findings of such research are
useful for textbook compilers or test item writers. They want to know
previous research in this area. Can anyone suggest some related book tiles
or journal articles? Please send your reply to my email address.

Thank you in advance.

Xu Luomai
English Department
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies