7.390, Qs: Netiquette, Isolating Amerindian language, Billion

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Mar 13 18:12:38 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-390. Wed Mar 13 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  138

Subject: 7.390, Qs: Netiquette, Isolating Amerindian language, Billion

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:03:30 +0100
From:  ahousen at vnet3.vub.ac.be (Alex HOUSEN)
Subject:  Netiquette

2)
Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:09:08 +0700
From:  eisinger at VNET.IBM.COM ("Marc Eisinger (+33 (1) 40 01 52 01)")
Subject:  Isolating Amerindian language

3)
Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:21:55 PST
From:  comrie at mizar.usc.edu (Bernard Comrie)
Subject:  request for posting

Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:03:30 +0100
From:  ahousen at vnet3.vub.ac.be (Alex HOUSEN)

Dear linguists,

Here is yet another query posted on behalf of a friend and colleague
of mine, Jamila Boulima, who is not on LINGUIST (yet).  She is looking
for information on netiquette (i.e. the etiquette of email, internet
communication, etc.).  She is particularly interested in the
sociolinguistic aspects of netiquette.

Please send all replies directly to Jamila at :
J.Boulima at mail.Alakhawayn.ma

(I might be mistaken but I vaguely remember a discussion on LINGUIST on a
similar topic a while ago. Unfortunately I can't check the LINGUIST 'back
catalogue' because my netbrowser has let me down and all my bookmarks are
gone.  I would be much obliged if someone would be so kind so as to send me
the address of the LINGUIST site on the web).

-Alex Housen

Dr. Alex HOUSEN                                                    Germanic
Languages Dept.
Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels                                  Vrije
Universiteit Brussel
Tel: 32+2+629 26 64  Fax: 32+2+629 36 84  Email: ahousen at vnet3.vub.ac.be