7.664, Qs: Referentiality, Millenium, Yiddish, Maldives

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon May 6 14:32:50 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-664. Mon May 6 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  118

Subject: 7.664, Qs: Referentiality, Millenium, Yiddish, Maldives

Date:  Sun, 05 May 1996 10:48:00 PDT
From:  Ziv at HUM.HUJI.AC.IL (Ziv Yael)
Subject:  evidentials and referentiality

2)
Date:  Sat, 04 May 1996 18:21:51 +0200
From:  hartmut at ruc.dk (Hartmut Haberland)
Subject:  Re: Millenium

3)
Date:  Fri, 01 Apr 1996 18:21:06
From:  dwb at iAmerica.net ("Mr. Brown")
Subject:  Yiddish

4)
Date:  Thu, 02 May 1996 12:24:21 +0200
From:  erbach at dfki.uni-sb.de (Gregor Erbach)
Subject:  Maldives

Date:  Sun, 05 May 1996 10:48:00 PDT
From:  Ziv at HUM.HUJI.AC.IL (Ziv Yael)

I am trying to get information on the potential linguistic
codification of the attributive / referntial distinction (a la
Donnellan). Specifically, do languages exemplifying evidentiality
markers codify this distinction?  Are there special pronominal
codifications such as the English: WHOEVER WHATEVER ?  Any other
codification ? Modality, aspectuality - relevant?  Will post a summary
if anything interesting comes up.  Yael Ziv ziv at hum.huji.ac.il