7.724, Qs: Terms, Regional, Hungarian, French, -lects

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue May 21 15:32:14 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-724. Tue May 21 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  211

Subject: 7.724, Qs: Terms, Regional, Hungarian, French, -lects

Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 09:01:43 EDT
From:  croberts at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Craige Roberts)
Subject:  Typological terminology, references

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 May 1996 21:26:00 CDT
From:  Mike_Maxwell at sil.org
Subject:  Regionalisms

3)
Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 10:21:14 EDT
From:  croberts at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Craige Roberts)
Subject:  Query about Hungarian focus

4)
Date:  Sun, 19 May 1996 10:48:15 MDT
From:  garanda at acs.ucalgary.ca ("Grace A. Randa")
Subject:  Qs: Norman French diphthongs

5)
Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 23:58:33 +0900
From:  kellner at ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Birgit Kellner)
Subject:  [Q:] Acrolect/Basilect

Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 09:01:43 EDT
From:  croberts at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Craige Roberts)

I am interested in the characterization of certain languages as
discourse-prominent or discourse configurational, vs. non-.  I'm
trying to track the relevant literature, determine who uses what
terminology and where this terminology originated, and, especially,
compare the criteria offered for classification. I am interested in
both functionalist and generative work on the subject.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Craige Roberts
The Ohio State University