7.770, FYI: Singerman's book, Language in the Judicial Process

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon May 27 15:25:38 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-770. Mon May 27 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  81

Subject: 7.770, FYI: Singerman's book, Language in the Judicial Process

Date:  Sun, 26 May 1996 11:33:15 EDT
From:  UFRUSS at NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDU (russ)
Subject:       singerman's book _indigenous languages of the americas_
	  bibliography

2)
Date:  Sun, 26 May 1996 16:36:12 EDT
From:  dumasb at utkux.utcc.utk.edu ("Bethany K. Dumas")
Subject:  LJP @ http://ljp.la.utk.edu

Date:  Sun, 26 May 1996 11:33:15 EDT
From:  UFRUSS at NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDU (russ)
	  bibliography

this is to let colleagues know about a very useful reference
book i've just received. it's "indigenous languages of the
americas: a bibliography of dissertations and theses," by
robert singerman. the book is published by the scarecrow
press, inc.: 4720 boston way, lanham, maryland 20706, usa,
or 4 pleydell gardens, folkstone, kent ct20 2dn, england.
the book brings together references to over 1,600 m.a.
theses and phd dissertation from u.s., canadian, and british
institutions. the bibliography is divided by language
family for north american languages (salishan, yukian
muskogean, etc.). there is a chapter on mesoamerican
languages and one on south american and caribbean
languages. the bibliography covers the hundred years
from 1892-1992. if a thesis or dissertation was published,
singerman documents this and provides the reference. singerman
is a professional bibliographer, and it shows in the precision
and consistency of detail in the references. there is a
wealth of material in this volume.