7.1539, Qs: Subj deletion, "Text type"?, Adjs with possessor Ns

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 1 04:49:23 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1539. Thu Oct 31 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  144

Subject: 7.1539, Qs: Subj deletion, "Text type"?, Adjs with possessor Ns

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: robinson at emunix.emich.edu (Susan Robinson)

Date:  Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:45:55 EST
From:  dawnh at sympatico.ca (Dawn Harvie)
Subject:  Subject Deletion

2)
Date:  Thu, 31 Oct 1996 06:51:41 EST
From:  hldom at conncoll.edu ("H. Lin Domizio")
Subject:  "Text Type" or "Discourse Type"?

3)
Date:  Thu, 31 Oct 1996 18:09:50 +1000
From:  Malcolm.Ross at anu.edu.au (Malcolm Ross)
Subject:  Adjectives with possessor nouns

Date:  Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:45:55 EST
From:  dawnh at sympatico.ca (Dawn Harvie)

        I am working on a paper on overt subject versus null subject
in tensed clauses in English for a graduate course in
Sociolinguistics.  Research in this area is rather limited.  Can
anybody give me references to work done in this area or is anybody
willing to share their own research on subject deletion in English?  I
would be most grateful.

        Also, does anybody know where I can get a copy of VARBUL?  Is
it as sophisticated at GOLDVARB?  If not, can anybody tell me why not?

        Many thanks in advance.  Please respond to me directly and I
will post a summary to the list.

Dawn Harvie
dawnh at sympatico.ca