7.1614, Qs: Indefinite and cardinal NPs, Articles, Lancaster corpus

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Nov 14 17:38:22 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1614. Thu Nov 14 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  100

Subject: 7.1614, Qs: Indefinite and cardinal NPs, Articles, Lancaster corpus

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:02:15 +0800
From:  shyu at mail.nsysu.edu.tw (Shu-Ing Shyu)
Subject:  English indefinite NP and cardinal NPs

2)
Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:02:15 +0800
From:  gooley at tmic.tit.ac.kr (Pat Gooley)
Subject:  Articles

3)
Date:  Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:16:00 +0100
From:  0431659800-0001 at t-online.de (Guenter Schubert)
Subject:  Lancaster Corpus

Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:02:15 +0800
From:  shyu at mail.nsysu.edu.tw (Shu-Ing Shyu)

I would like to know the study and the references of the distinction
between English indefinite NP (_a_-N) and cardinal NPs (e.g. _one_-N).
Can anybody give me any information?  Thanks in advance.

-
Shu-ing

Dr. Shu-ing Ingrid Shyu
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
National Sun Yat-Sen University
Kaohsiung, Taiwan 804
Republic of China

PHONE: 886-7-525-2000 ext. 3152