7.1623, Qs: Advertising discourse, Schizophrenia, Count-mass nouns

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 18 00:37:32 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1623. Sun Nov 17 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  143

Subject: 7.1623, Qs: Advertising discourse, Schizophrenia, Count-mass nouns

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: robinson at emunix.emich.edu (Susan Robinson)

Date:  Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:30:07 EST
From:  rethorec at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Christophe Rethore)
Subject:  Qs: Statistic analysis of advertising discourse

2)
Date:  Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:01:16 +0200
From:  kerenpaz at post.tau.ac.il (n)
Subject:  Qs: subordinate clause and schizophrenia related speech disorders

3)
Date:  Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:24:09 +0100
From:  sven at isl.uit.no (Peter Svenonius)
Subject:  Query: Nouns: count - mass; Classical Greek

Date:  Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:30:07 EST
From:  rethorec at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Christophe Rethore)

Dear colleagues:

I am currently working on a quantitative, corpus-based study of French
and English advertising discourse, hoping to draw conclusions that
could be applied to the translation of print advertisements.

Would anyone know about the following topics:
1) translation of (print) ads (any language as source or target language)
2) use of corpora in the study of advertising discourse
3) use of statistical methods in the analysis of advertising discourse

Of course, I will post a summary of all relevant replies. Thank you in
advance.

Christophe Rethore * Tel. : (514) 343-6111 p3819 * Fax : (514) 343-2284
PhD - Linguistique et traduction * Groupe de rech.ling. du texte (GRELT)
Universite de Montreal * Pavillon Lionel-Groulx, bureau 9153
C.P. 6128, succursale Centre-Ville * Montreal (Quebec) H3C 3J7  CANADA