8.1725, Sum: Location of Person Features

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 1 22:44:50 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1725. Mon Dec 1 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1725, Sum: Location of Person Features

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 1 Dec 1997 11:15:03 GMT
From:  Phoevos Panagiotidis <epanag at essex.ac.uk>
Subject:  Location of Person Features

Date:  Mon, 1 Dec 1997 11:15:03 GMT
From:  Phoevos Panagiotidis <epanag at essex.ac.uk>

John Grinstead sent me, among other things, the following references:

        Johnson, Kyle. (1990). The Syntax of Inflectional Paradigms .
Manuscript, University of Wisconsin.
        Johnson, Kyle. (1992). Head Movement, Word Order and Inflection .
Manuscript, UC Irvine.
        Shlonsky, Ur. (1989). The Hierarchical Representation of Subject
Verb Agreement . Manuscript, University of Haifa.
        Conzemius, Edward. (1929). Notes on the Misquito and Sumu Languages
        of Eastern Nicaragua and Honduras. International Journal of American
        Linguistics, 5, 57-115.

Paul Millar the following:

Jila Ghomeshi and Elizabeth Ritter. Binding, Possessives, and the Structure
        of DP. in Proceedings of NELS 26.

Elizabeth Ritter. On the Syntactic Category of Pronouns and Agreement.
        Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 13:405-443. 1995.

Robert Rolf Noyer. Features, Positions and Affixes in Autonomous
        Morphological Structure. 1992. MIT Dissertation (I think it is a PhD
        dissertation...)

Heidi Harley. Hug a Tree: Deriving the Morphosyntactic Feature Hierarchy.
        MIT working Papers in Linguistics 21, p 289-320. 1994.

There is another work I too am trying to get hold of that deals with person
features, I believe. It is an unpublished manuscript by Joost Zwarts (1993)
called: Pronouns and N-to-D Movement, from Utrecht University.

and Cecilia Poletto her own draft of a book she's writing at the moment

I thank them all three.

Phi

"the opposite of a great truth is another great truth"
			Niels Bohr

epanag at essex.ac.uk
phoevos at bigfoot.com
phoevos at geocities.com