8.1743, Qs: Israel, Neuroling, Lang Index, Marriage Texts

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 4 22:09:33 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1743. Thu Dec 4 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1743, Qs: Israel, Neuroling, Lang Index, Marriage Texts

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: James German <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 1997 23:56:56 +0100
From:  "Jan Otterbeen" <Jan.Otterbeen at ping.be>
Subject:  language situation in Israel

2)
Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:20:27 GMT+0200
From:  "Bahar Otcu" <baharo at tutor.fedu.metu.edu.tr>
Subject:  neurolinguistics

3)
Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:32:27 -0500 (EST)
From:  Victor Raskin <raskin at omni.cc.purdue.edu>
Subject:  Index of Languages

4)
Date:  Thu, 04 Dec 1997 18:43:58 +0100
From:  Maria Wolters <mwo at asl1.ikp.uni-bonn.de>
Subject:  Announcements of marriages in newspapers

Date:  Sat, 22 Nov 1997 23:56:56 +0100
From:  "Jan Otterbeen" <Jan.Otterbeen at ping.be>

I am writing my thesis on the influence of the Hebrew language revival
in Israel. Did the revival, which gave a dispersed people one
language, really help to reunite the Jews of the Diaspora like the
Zionists wanted, or is there still too big an internal difference.
All information on still existing community languages in Israel,
social markers of speech in Israeli Hebrew, attitudes towards the
different languages in Israel, different types of bilingualism in
Israel, ideology of the dominant culture, or other related topics are
very welcome.

Email-address: hw49785 at vub.ac.be