8.76, TOC: Functions of Language 3.2

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 23 03:59:56 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-76. Wed Jan 22 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.76, TOC: Functions of Language 3.2

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

Functions of Language 3, 2 (1996)

Contents:

Carol Taylor Torsello:
On the logical metafunction

Renaat Declerck:
A functional typology of English WHEN-clauses

Mary J. Schleppegrell:
Strategies for discourse cohesion: BECAUSE in ESL writing

Reviews:

Joan Bybee and Suzanne Fleischman (eds.) Modality in Grammar and
Discourse (Jan Nuyts)

B. G. Hewitt. Georgian: A Structural Reference Grammar (Kevin Tuite)

Catherine Kerbrat-Orecchioni. Les Interactions Verbales: Vol. III
(Ludwina Van Son)

Joern Kiese. Fokussierende Saetze im Deutschen und Englischen
(Frantisek Sticha);

Helen Leckie-Tarry. Language and Context: A Functional Linguistic
Theory of Register (John M. Swales)

Michael Stubbs. Text and Corpus Analysis: Computer-assisted Studies
of Language and Culture (Oliver Mason)

For more information on Functions of Language, contact
dirk.noel at rug.ac.be on editorial matters or [Anke]
http://bank.rug.ac.be/contragram/folhome.html
http://www.benjamins.nl

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain
journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not
allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	AFRICL LST   (Linguistique Africaine)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at listserv.tamu.edu