8.854, Qs: Frequency, Kin terms, Indo-European

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 10 06:39:24 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-854. Tue Jun 10 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.854, Qs: Frequency, Kin terms, Indo-European

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 03 Jun 1997 14:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:  janine graziano-king <jgrazia1 at email.gc.cuny.edu>
Subject:  Frequency analysis of English words

2)
Date:  Tue, 03 Jun 1997 15:57:19 +0100
From:  Oesten Dahl <oesten at ling.su.se>
Subject:  Query - kin terms

3)
Date:  Wed, 04 Jun 1997 14:11 -0500 (EST)
From:  Dick_Watson at sil.org
Subject:  QUERY - Indo-European

Date:  Tue, 03 Jun 1997 14:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:  janine graziano-king <jgrazia1 at email.gc.cuny.edu>

I'd like to post the following question on the list:

I'm looking for a frequency analysis of English words. I am familiar with
the Kucera & Francis corpus, but am wondering if anyone knows of a simlar
analysis based on spoken English and/or child written material. Thanks.
Janine Graziano-King