8.855, Qs: Unergatives, Pronoun, Latin

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 10 06:46:13 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-855. Tue Jun 10 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.855, Qs: Unergatives, Pronoun, Latin

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 6 Jun 1997 16:57:53 +1000
From:  Stuart.Robinson at anu.edu.au (Stuart Robinson)
Subject:  Distribution of Unergatives (S=A) and Unaccusatives (S=O)

2)
Date:  Sat, 7 Jun 1997 09:17:14 +0100 (BST)
From:  R J Stevenson <Rosemary.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:  Query:  Connectionist models of prnoun interpretation

3)
Date:  Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:18:10 +0800
From:  alanden at cyllene.uwa.edu.au (Alan Dench)
Subject:  Q. null anaphora in Latin

Date:  Fri, 6 Jun 1997 16:57:53 +1000
From:  Stuart.Robinson at anu.edu.au (Stuart Robinson)

I was wondering whether anyone knew whether unergatives (S=A) or
unaccusatives (S=O) are predominant among ambivalent verbs in
particular languages.  For example, all transitive roots in Tzotzil
are ambivalent, belonging to the unaccusative (S=O) type (with one
unergative (S=A) exception).  Is this typical or atypical?  Can anyone
recommend some references on this topic?  I will post a summary.

Regards,
Stuart Robinson

-

Stuart Robinson <Stuart.Robinson at anu.edu.au>