8.958, FYI: AAAL award, Lexical Generative Grammar

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 30 03:54:04 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-958. Sun Jun 29 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.958, FYI: AAAL award, Lexical Generative Grammar

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Alan Juffs <juffs at verb.linguist.pitt.edu>
Subject:  AAAL Distinguished Scholarship and Service Award

2)
Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 97 11:08:49 -0400
From:  IMThinker at aol.com
Subject:  Lexical Generative Grammar - Update

Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Alan Juffs <juffs at verb.linguist.pitt.edu>

1998 AAAL Award for Distinguished Scholarship and Service

Purpose

To recognize and honor a distinguished scholar for her/his scholarship
and service for the American Association for Applied Linguistics.

Nomination Procedures

1. Any member of AAAL may nominate a person for this award. Current
Executive Committee members are ineligible as recipients.

2. FIVE copies of a 400-500 word letter of nomination sent to the AAAL
Business Office. The contents of the nomination letter should state
specific contributions of the nominee in the areas both ofscholarship
and service to AAAL. Letters may be addressed to the AAAL awards
committee.

3. A curriculum vitae OR a summary of accomplishments to include both
scholarship and service to AAAL.

4. On a separate piece of paper, the individual writing the nomination
letter should provide his/her complete address, telephone number, fax
number, and e-mail address.

Due Date: SEPTEMBER 30 1997

Five copies of the nomination letter and CV or summary of
accomplishments must be received by SEPTEMBER 30th 1997. It may be
submitted by e-mail or FAX.

Send nomination letter to:

AAAL Award for Distinguished Scholarship and Service.
AAAL Business Office
PO Box 21686
Eagan, MN 55121-0686
Phone: 612-953-0805
Fax: 612-431-8404
E-mail: <aaaloffice at aaal.org>

Questions concerning the AAAL Award for Distinguished Scholarship and
Service may be addressed to the co-chair of the 1998 AAAL Awards
Committee:

Alan Juffs
Dept. of Linguistics
Univ. of Pittsburgh