8.1455, Jobs: Slovak, Modern Lang, Spanish Ling

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 10 13:21:34 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1455. Fri Oct 10 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1455, Jobs: Slovak, Modern Lang, Spanish Ling

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:37:08 +0000
From:  <PETERO at lonelyplanet.com.au>
Subject:  Slovak reader

2)
Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:09:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:  CF301 at cnsvax.albany.edu
Subject:  Modern Languages, Spanish Linguistics

Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:37:08 +0000
From:  <PETERO at lonelyplanet.com.au>

I am a linguist working at Lonely Planet Publications in Melbourne.
We currently have a Czech/Slovak book in production which includes a
small language section.

Our normal practise is to have a reader check the language section
supplied by the author. Unfortunately, our Slovak reader has had to
pull out so we are looking for a Slovak reader to check the language
section for errors. It is not a large section - 3 or 4 pages - and
should not take too much time to check.

We would prefer someone locally (ie, in Australia) as there isn't much
time but will consider any suitable applications. Of course, suitable
payment will be made.

Thanks in advance,

Peter D'Onghia
Lonely Planet Publications