8.1511, Qs: Typologies, construction, software, workshops

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 21 11:12:05 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1511. Tue Oct 21 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1511, Qs: Typologies, construction, software, workshops

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Elaine Halleck <elaine at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:21:56 +0100 (BST)
From:  M Ortega <M.Ortega at sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject:  question on syllabic typologies

2)
Date:  Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:49:51 -0400
From:  "Argenis A. Zapata" <azapata at ciens.ula.ve>
Subject:  On 'construction' and 'structure'

3)
Date:  Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:51:19 -0400
From:  "Argenis A. Zapata" <azapata at ciens.ula.ve>
Subject:  Software publisher

4)
Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:53:55 +0100
From:  "dotta" <dotta at friko.onet.pl>
Subject:  General linguistics workshops or conferences

Date:  Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:21:56 +0100 (BST)
From:  M Ortega <M.Ortega at sheffield.ac.uk>

I am interested in syllabic typologies and sonority, and I was wondering
if someone could help me to find languages that have:
1) obstruent-nasal-vowel   and   obstruent-glide-vowel onsets
or
2) nasal-liquid-vowel   and   nasal-glide-vowel onsets
or
3) no glides  and only  simple onsets  and  obstruent-liquid-vowel onsets

Thank you,

Marta Ortega
Department of Human Communication
University of Sheffield, UK