9.1795, Sum: Sunshower

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 17 07:21:21 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1795. Thu Dec 17 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1795, Sum: Sunshower

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:29:58 -0500 (EST)
From:  Bert Vaux <vaux at fas.harvard.edu>
Subject:  Sunshower summary

Date:  Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:29:58 -0500 (EST)
From:  Bert Vaux <vaux at fas.harvard.edu>

On November 6, 1998, I posted a request for words or expressions for
the term sunshower (LINGUIST 9.1565), and the number of responses was
overwhelming.  I have summarized the responses below, arranged
alphabetically by language. Many thanks to all of you who wrote in
with your ideas; I have tabulated the list of respondents at the end
of this letter.

Bert Vaux
Assistant professor of Linguistics
Harvard University