9.221, Qs: ASL as L2, Horn-honking, Tobacco Ads.

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 14 16:58:32 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-221. Sat Feb 14 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.221, Qs: ASL as L2, Horn-honking, Tobacco Ads.

Assistant Editors:  Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:40:14 -0600 (CST)
From:  Megan Elizabeth Melancon <mmelan2 at tiger.lsu.edu>
Subject:  Re: ASL as L2

2)
Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:44:15 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Prof. R.M. Chandler-Burns" <rchandlr at ccr.dsi.uanl.mx>
Subject:  horn-honking & door-knocking

3)
Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:39:34 +0100
From:  Andrew Hayes <hayes at globalink.org>
Subject:  research about the language of tobacco advertising

Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:40:14 -0600 (CST)
From:  Megan Elizabeth Melancon <mmelan2 at tiger.lsu.edu>

Dear Linguists,
As an addendum to my original query about ASL, I should make it clear that
I am referring to an American child living in the States and going to
school in the States, but who happens to have parents who speak little or
no English.

Megan Melancon