9.262, Qs: Kuvi Lang,OCR software,Interlinear Translation

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 22 15:45:50 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-262. Sun Feb 22 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.262, Qs: Kuvi Lang,OCR software,Interlinear Translation

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:16:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  Shelome A Gooden <sgooden at ling.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:  Kuvi Language

2)
Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:18:45 -0800
From:  Ron Rhoades <rrhoades at telis.org>
Subject:  OCR Software

3)
Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:15:27 -0800 (PST)
From:  "Vern M. Lindblad" <vernml at u.washington.edu>
Subject:  Interlinear Translation Tools

Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:16:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  Shelome A Gooden <sgooden at ling.ohio-state.edu>

To Whom This May Concern:

I am doing a phonology project on the Kuvi language, spoken in India
county of Orissa.  I need additional data which shows constrasts between
geminate consonants and 'single' consonants.  I have so far grammars
by Reddy 1969 and Israel 1969 which have conflicting transcriptions of
'geminates'.  Do you know of any more recent /references sources of data
that I could access.  If so could you forward an e-mail message to me at:
sgooden at ling.ohio-state.edu

Thanks in advance
Shelome Gooden
Graduate Student