9.31, Qs: Phonology, Postscript, DAGs, Berman Article

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jan 11 13:56:55 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-31. Sun Jan 11 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.31, Qs: Phonology, Postscript, DAGs, Berman Article

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:42:57 +0100
From:  [** iso-8859-1 charset **] V\237ctor V\225zquez Mart\237nez  <IBM10254 at globalnet.es>
Subject:     Functional Phonology

2)
Date:   Wed, 07 Jan 1998 13:37:22 -0700
From:  "khaled Mohamad Rifaat" <rifaat at mailexcite.com>
Subject:  Postscript Files

3)
Date:  Wed, 07 Jan 1998 20:54:06 -0800
From:  Joseph Hilferty <hilferty at lingua.fil.ub.es>
Subject:  Making DAGs with a PC?

4)
Date:  Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:53:12 +0800 (CST)
From:  wzyem at pubms.pku.edu.cn
Subject:  Berman Article

Date:  Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:42:57 +0100
From:  [** iso-8859-1 charset **] V\237ctor V\225zquez Mart\237nez  <IBM10254 at globalnet.es>

         I am impressed with current developments in functional
linguistics, that is to say, functional grammar as practised in the
U.S.A.(Givon, Haiman...).However, I am not aware of phonology being
done in that spirit. Could anybody provide me with information on this
issue?

                 Victor Vazquez Martinez
                  Spain