9.51, Qs: Vowels, Tune, Asian Adjectives, L2 and Dreams

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 15 00:22:22 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-51. Thu Jan 15 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.51, Qs: Vowels, Tune, Asian Adjectives, L2 and Dreams

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:43:24 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard Sproat <rws at research.bell-labs.com>
Subject:  English Vowels: Historical

2)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:45:57 -0600 (CST)
From:  lhartman at siu.edu (Lee Hartman)
Subject:  Children's Taunting Tune

3)
Date:           Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:32:46 +0100
From:  "Michael Jung" <mkjung at zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:        Adjectives in East Asian languages

4)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:54:41 +0000
From:  pagnozze <pagnozze at tcd.ie>
Subject:  Foreign Language and Dreams

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:43:24 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard Sproat <rws at research.bell-labs.com>

Can anyone point me to recent work that discusses the vowel space of
18th and early 19th century British English dialects?

-

Richard Sproat
Language Modeling Research Department
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies  | tel (908) 582-5296
600 Mountain Avenue, Room 2D-451        | fax (908) 582-3306
Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA              | rws at bell-labs.com
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/rws.html